Ready to Respond: Insights into Preparedness with Pelican EDC
Times of crisis, as it’s always been in our collective history, are times for our communities to think reflectively on how our individual actions can help positively impact our greater society. As we’ve seen in the news recently, acts of kindness, compassion and helpfulness are a hallmark of troubled times, and here at Pelican, we’d like to encourage the expansion of this mindset. This blog post is written for those who wish to increase their readiness and the readiness of their loved ones, so that if the situation presents itself, you have the ability to react and help another in need.
EDC has become an internet subculture, with enthusiasts trading ideas on what type of gear is most important, and what brands carry the best versions of those products deemed most essential. Sitting squarely in the middle of this conversation is Pelican Products - with our Personal Utility Cases providing a tailored made solution, Built to Protect your EDC gear in a crushproof, dust-proof and waterproof storage solution. Large enough to fit your critical gear and small enough to take with you everywhere. Here are some of the items in discussion for placement inside your EDC Case:
- First Aid Supplies
What would you add to this list? What would you remove? Perhaps this is why the EDC community has blossomed into a physical manifestation of our identity. A firefighter’s kit might look very different to what a farmer carries everyday with him - and thus the ongoing dialog of what items are included, what they’re used for and the frequency that having that tool comes in handy is a constantly debated thread across the internet.
Pelican manufactures two of the items on this list, tailor-made to be perfect editions to your EDC kit - below we dive deeper into the benefits of each
Pelican Ruck Cases - R20 ($44.95 MSRP) / R40 ($54.95 MSRP) / R60 ($64.95 MSRP): Large enough to fit your knife / phone / wallet / keys, yet small enough to easily be thrown in a bag or glove compartment - the Pelican Ruck Case is the natural evolution of our legendary Pelican Micro-Case.
- IP68 rated protection from water, dirt, snow, and dust - protected from submersion in water in a depth of 2 meters for up to 30 minutes.
- Flexible lid organizer for secure storage, including velcro straps and cable portals.
- Rubberized Exo-Skeleton for added protection - we all drop our cases, having rubber on the inside as well as the outside of the case helps lessen the impact of falls both outside and inside the case.
- Dual Pivot Latch For secure lock and easy opening - a large single latch is secure, yet can easily be opened, with gloves on, in one motion.
- Multiple external attachment points - this perhaps is one of the unsung heroes of this product evolution. Secure your case so it doesn’t dangle and twist from one carabiner, instead easily strap the case down to watercraft, UTV, truck, backpack, etc.
images provided by Ray Zimmerman
- The Pelican 7 Series Flashlights are the most diverse set of flashlight products on the market, made specifically for the requirements of tactical and law enforcement applications - this flashlight line has something for all use cases, especially EDC.
- Battery Options: Don't let low battery power freeze you in your tracks. Our new 7110, 7610, 7620 tactical lights are compatible with AA, CR123 and rechargeable batteries giving you the option to reload with more battery options to keep the mission going.
- Size Options: Large (7620, 7610, 7070R), Medium (7600), and Small (7100, 7110) flashlight sizes are available for the right fit.
- Ingress Protected IPX8 Submersible + Type III Hard Anodized Finish + Full Time Battery Level Indication
- • With all these attributes - it’s the personal opinion of the editor - that the Pelican 7600 reigns supreme above all other models available. Rechargeable, up to almost 1000 available lumens, up to 29 hours runtime, three color modes (white / red / green) - for all these reasons and more - we’ve never used a better light than the 7600.
- The 7600 is the standard issue for the largest Police Department in the United States, so that tells you that some of our most trusted public officials agree that this light is top notch.
If you’re still reading this blog post, it’s frighteningly obvious, that much like us - you know the gear that you keep in your kit matters. For those who like to be prepared for whatever might come our way, there is a tremendous amount of value in the peace of mind that comes from trusting that our gear will perform under pressure. Therefore we come full circle to the reason why being prepared is so important - so that we might, when called upon or when presented the opportunity, be able to better help our fellow citizens, neighbors, family members or community in their time of need through our own preparedness.
This statement has not recently rung as true as it does not in our current moment of national and international crisis. In the news we hear many comparisons to World War II which we find to be accurate to some degree, in that society is placing an increased responsibility upon all citizens. Do your part by following all directions from your officials and individually, invest in being more prepared to answer a call for help.
All Pelican items in this kit feature our legendary lifetime guarantee, so rest easy that this EDC kit will serve you for any scenario, whether out for a picnic on a pleasant day to a serious, unexpected event or natural disaster.
Do you know someone who needs to be more prepared? Father, Mother, Daughter, Pastor, Neighbor or Friend who doesn’t carry the right gear that might help them stay out of trouble themselves or respond to the needs of others? Pelican has prepared, with our partners from NalPak, a Pelican EDC Kit including some of the most standard-issue, trusted gear available, including:
- Pelican R20 Ruck Case
- Pelican 7100 Tactical Flashlight
- Benchmade Knife
Give the gift of preparedness and be part of the solution, able to help our neighbors when called upon - now available at a special combo price here from our partners at NalPak: nalpak.com/gear/pelican-edc-kits/