Pelican Product Spotlight: The Best Knife Case
August 24, 2022
If you have a collection of high-quality knives, storing them in a regular bag, box, or roll won’t provide a high level of protection, especially if you need to transport them safely. Discover the benefits of upgrading to a purpose-built knife case and find out how to store and transport knife collections of different sizes.
Benefits of Knife Cases
If you’ve invested in knives for work, hobbies, everyday carry, or simply enjoy collecting them, it’s essential to care for them correctly. A quality knife case is a great option for storing your knives and keeping them in good condition.
A high-quality knife case can offer you the following benefits:
- Physical protection:: A quality knife case’s first and most critical job is to protect your knives and sheaths from impacts, scratches, and rough handling.
- Security:: Knife cases offer better protection from theft than other solutions, such as bags and knife rolls. You can fit them with certified locking devices, such as TSA locks.
- Easy organization: Quality knife cases offer options to organize the interior layout, such as trays, dividers, and molded foam.
What Makes a Good Knife Case?
While your needs and preferences may vary, a good knife case should last you long-term. An excellent knife case also saves you money in buying replacement knives and inefficient storage solutions. When shopping for a high-quality knife case, look for the following three qualities:
- Durability: The ideal knife case is the one you buy once and never need to replace. The only way to achieve this kind of durability is through robust materials that can resist impacts, abrasion, water, dust, and other elements.
- Capacity: Regardless of the exoskeleton, the case must have the internal storage you need to store all your knives, accessories, and other implements.
- Convenience: Choosing a case to fit your current collection helps you minimize its footprint, making it easier to transport. However, don’t go too small because you may have no space to add a new investment.
3 Quality Options for Storing Your Knives
Pelican’s Protector series of 100% US-made transport cases are the professionals’ choices for storing knives and other valuable investments since 1976.
Each Protector case features high-durability polypropylene and ABS materials reinforced with steel pins, providing exceptional protection from impacts and the elements. The O-ring seal also keeps the internal storage space free from dust, dirt, and other environmental factors that can degrade your blades.
Three of the best knife cases available from Pelican include:
This case is ideal for enthusiasts with a small knife collection. The STANAG 4280 certified case features an interior storage space of 8.3” x 5.8” x 3.8, an open cell core with a solid wall design, and an Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve to prevent moisture accumulation while keeping your knives rust-free.
If you need space for more knifes, or longer blades such as daggers or hunting knives, this model offers the same features as the 1150 but with an interior area of 10.5” x 6.0” x 3.2”.
The most comprehensive collections need the most practical storage solutions. If you need multi-level knife storage, this model offers unparalleled internal volume: 14.7” x 10.2” x 6.1”. It also features a comfortable rubber over-molded handle for easy transport and double throw latches for easy access.
Preventing Rust and Contamination
Keeping your knife collection safe in a protective case is the first step, but it’s also good to protect them from harmful contaminants in the air. Using a desiccant silica gel pack will help prevent moisture build-up inside of the case. You can fully protect from airborne contaminants by using an anti-corrosion kit, such as the Pelican 1500CI Corrosion Intercept kit which uses an oil-free anti-corrosion technology based on copper.
Pelican, The Professional’s Choice Since 1978At Pelican Products, we understand what it means to protect what matters most to you. As part of our Guarantee of Excellence, we offer a lifetime no-questions-asked warranty on all Protector cases. Shop our knife cases today to find the perfect home for your collection.
SIGN UP FOR EXCLUSIVE OFFERS
Sign up for our newsletter and get exclusive access to new product launches, special offers and much more.
THANK YOU FOR SIGNING UP
We'll be in touch.