Pelican Unveils Five HardBack Cases To Protect Portable Electronics
Published November 16, 2011
Torrance, CA -
Sometimes all it takes is one drop to ruin your tablet or laptop computer (along with your music, photos and files). With that in mind, Pelican Products, Inc., the leader in the design and manufacture of both high-performance protective case solutions and advanced portable lighting systems, has introduced a range of HardBack™ Protector Cases as travel armor for portable electronics from 7 and 10 inch tablets to 14 and 15 inch laptops.
Produced from a design partnership with BMW DesignWorks, the HardBack series cases are built with all the legendary features of a Pelican case – crush resistant, watertight and an automatic pressure equalization valve that prevents vacuum lock to make it easier to open at any altitude. "We are pleased to have combined BMW's amazing design know-how with our 30+ years of experience to produce this innovative series of case as extremely tough protection for almost any portable device on the market today," said Dinis Jablonski, Director of Product Management.
In addition, all cases in the series offer anti-scratch foam inserts to add another layer of protection for delicate electronics. To ensure that they stay shut in tough conditions, they also sport stainless steel hardware and easy-snap latches. Like all PelicanTM products, they are backed by a Legendary Guarantee of Excellence.
- The Pelican 1055 HardBack case is designed to protect tablet-type computers and eReaders up to 8" including the KindleTM Fire, NOOK Color, BlackBerry® PlaybookTM and Samsung Galaxy TabTM 7.1 from the harshest conditions known to man.
- The Pelican 1065 HardBack case is engineered to protect tablet-type computers up to 10 inches. This includes the iPadTM, iPad 2 and the MotorolaTM Xoom from extreme environments.
- The Pelican 1075 HardBack is available to fit 10.1" tablets, external hard drives and netbooks.
- The Pelican i1075 iPad Case, is also available with features that include a specially designed interior that protects and organizes the iPad or iPad 2, AppleTM Bluetooth wireless keyboard, power adapter and download cables.
- The Pelican 1085 HardBack case is a completely redesigned laptop case that will replace the 1080 HardBack case in the Pelican case line. It protects computers up to 14", features a nylon shoulder strap and weighs in at a mere 2.59 lbs without foam.
- The Pelican 1095 HardBack case is a completely redesigned laptop case that will replace the 1090 HardBack case in the Pelican case line. It protects computers up to 15", features a nylon shoulder strap and weighs in at a mere 2.95 lbs.
Both the Pelican 1095 and 1085 HardBack cases feature padlock slots for extra security and are available with Pick N Pluck™ foam. To see an interactive (portable electronic device) case fitter and more information on the HardBack line, visit wwwbeta.pelican.com/hardback.
About Pelican Products
Pelican Products, Inc. is the global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance protective cases, temperature-controlled packaging solutions, advanced portable lighting systems and rugged gear for professionals and outdoor enthusiasts. Their products are used by professionals in the most demanding markets including fire safety, law enforcement, defense / military, aerospace, life sciences, industrial, entertainment, and in numerous outdoor markets. Pelican™ products are designed and built to last a lifetime. The company operates in 27 countries, with 23 international sales offices and eleven manufacturing facilities around the globe. In Europe, the company does business under the name Peli Products, S.LU. and the division which manufactures temperature-controlled packaging for the healthcare industry, does business worldwide under the brand Peli BioThermal. For more information, visit www.pelican.com.