How to Choose the Perfect Cooler for Summer
June 20, 2020
Summer is here, and one of the first things that comes to mind is how to beat the heat on those workdays in the sun, weekend adventures and summer vacations. Don’t worry, Pelican is here to help! Below, we have laid out our three best selling Pelican Elite Coolers and dissected some of the prominent features that make these coolers a must for these hot summer days.
The reasons we believe the Elite Coolers are just that, Elite, are that each one is:
- Made in America - this is a statement none of our major competitors can make! Made in the USA means made by our neighbors, creating jobs within our communities; something that is more important now than ever.
- Protected by our legendary Lifetime Guarantee - rest assured, this cooler will perform for many many years to come.
Check out our three featured Elite Coolers below and find out which one is best for your summer adventures. First up, the
The Pelican 20QT is one of the most useful coolers by far due to its size, thoughtful design and overall utility. This cooler is perfect for someone who wants to keep food, beverages or ice chilled for a full day or overnight trip.
Check out the gallery below, which outlines our favorite features the Pelican 20QT Cooler has to offer:
- Need a better idea of the interior capacity? This cooler can comfortably hold around 15 cans.
- One side is notched, so the cooler can rub against your thigh without any discomfort when carrying - a well thought-out product design!
- All the elite coolers feature the same Press & Pull Latches, meaning the latches lock down until a button is pushed.
- These are much better than other rubberized latches seen on the market.
- The depth of this cooler is perfect for overnight trips, with space to over six cans with ice, food and snacks - thus providing enough layers of food and drinks for four people overnight.
- This cooler weighs in at only 12.5 lbs - making it easy to carry with one hand, even fully loaded, thanks to the hard molded ABS and super rugged handle.
- Let’s not forget about the fantastic look of this cooler! It’s rugged yet refined and definitely stands out in a crowd of generic coolers. Plus with the color choices on the 20QT, you’re sure to find the right one for your application.
- This cooler offers enough room for a multiple day trip, or enough beverage capacity to hold 30+ cans with ice!
- The obvious, most prominent feature of this cooler is the wheels. This is very helpful for those who transport this cooler without help, as the empty weight is approximately 27lbs. With 30 cans and ice, the total weight can be near 50lbs, meaning wheeling your cooler to your friends tailgate or down the ramp to your boat has become more comfortable than ever.
- Another stand-out transportation feature is the built-in trolley handle - which folds down out of the way when not in use and extends up to allow for easy tow of your cooler, even long distance.
- Something that really sets this cooler apart is the 10 day ice retention capability, thanks to the freezer grade gaskets and 2" polyurethane internal insulation.
- When you're done, clean-out is super easy thanks to a sloped drain, featuring a tethered, threaded drain plug (so it doesn’t get lost). Just spray it down and angle to let it drain.
- And not to be brag, but we just launched our new Gray Cooler and it is looking sharp - with all-black wheels, trolley handle, buttons and clasps, the look alone of this cooler screams quality.
- This cooler is extremely rugged - from top to bottom, it’s built like a tank. Starting with the handles, compared to some we’ve seen that are made from rope and rubber, they are molded into both the cooler body and lid, so as the lid shuts, you create a seal that includes the handles. This makes them extremely durable, large and easy to secure.
- With an internal capacity of almost 53QT, this monster easily has enough room to keep 38 cans with ice, frosty for over a week. Hard to imagine, but tested and proven.
- Because this cooler is so solid, whether on the boat deck, onsite at the job or around the campfire, this cooler can double as a seat or a table. It features four molded cup holders to keep spills from happening, and includes slotted drains in case they do. Additionally, the cooler top features a 20” fish scale to measure your catch.
- Another plus is the Non-Skid & Non-Marking Raised Feet, making this cooler extremely stable. It’s been our go-to, raised platform for perfect group photo shots time and time again.
- Like all Pelican Coolers, the 50QT is very stylish and is available in 10 different color-ways to choose from. Your only worry here is picking just one!
Pelican Products is extremely proud to offer these Pelican Elite Coolers, Made in America, for your Summer use. We hope this outline of our favorite product features helps you find the perfect Pelican Cooler for you!
See all of our available Coolers in the Pelican Shop.