Pelican-Hardigg™ Light Lift™ Series Rotationally Molded Cases Keep the Protection But Drop Up to 30% of the Weight
Published February 22, 2020, 12:00 AM PST
Torrance, CA -
To ease the burden of logistics professionals everywhere, Pelican Products, the global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance protective cases, has introduced the Pelican-Hardigg™ Light Lift™ Series rotationally molded cases.
- The advanced material used to build Pelican-Hardigg Light Lift series cases makes them up to 30% lighter than traditional rotationally molded cases, which means considerable logistics savings with less manpower and resources required.
- The new Light Lift case family is geared toward two or four man carry applications with a maximum 300 lbs. gross payload (total of case and content weight).
- Pelican-Hardigg Light Lift Series cases still offer the same protection and pass the same rigorous MIL-SPEC testing as traditional Pelican-Hardigg rotationally molded cases.
- This line includes 28 of the most popular Pelican-Hardigg single-lid case sizes with additional 122 more sizes scheduled to be introduced throughout 2020.
- All Pelican-Hardigg Light Lift Series cases are fully configurable with an initial offering of seven of the most popular colors. Remaining colors are due for release in 2020.
- The cases feature popular catch & strike hardware to tightly secure the lid and recessed handles to prevent shearing or snagging from outside forces. Additional available configurable hardware options include plastic or metal handles, airtight construction using PRV valves, edge casters, locking hardware and humidity indicators.
For over 40 years, Pelican-Hardigg products have provided a high level of cushioning and protection. Solutions include everything from layered foam cushions to extremely complex metal work, to g-force-rated shock mount systems and fabricated frame systems. These systems are designed to not only protect the equipment in all types of transport situations but to assure that it operates as designed when failure is not an option in the field.
“As with all great products, Pelican-Hardigg cases are continually evolving to meet the needs of our customers in a meaningful way,” said Ann Abbey, Product Manager, Pelican Products. “The Pelican-Hardigg Light Lift Series is a revolutionary step forward in materials, science and design that will ease the ever-present logistics burden by being easier to carry and less expensive to ship.”
Rotationally molded cases are created by loading structural grade plastic resin into a series of molds which are heated and slowly rotated on both a vertical and horizontal axis. The result is a seamless base and lid (with more material in the corners and edges) that offers superior impact protection.
Pelican’s regional Advanced Case Centers are located in California, Massachusetts and Virginia and offer a full slate of protective solutions.
For more information about Light Lift Series cases, go to https://www.pelican.com/us/en/professional/single-lid-cases/light-lift-cases/
To learn more on Pelican-Hardigg’s capabilities visit https://www.pelican.com/us/en/professional/custom-cases/.
Pelican Products, Inc. is a portfolio company of Behrman Capital, a private equity investment firm based in New York and San Francisco.
Pelican Products, Inc. is the global leader in the design and manufacture of high performance protective cases, temperature controlled packaging solutions, advanced portable lighting systems and rugged gear for professionals and outdoor enthusiasts. Their products are used by professionals in the most demanding markets including fire safety, law enforcement, defense / military, aerospace, entertainment, industrial and in numerous outdoor markets. Pelican™ products are designed and built to last a lifetime. The company operates in 25 countries, with 23 international sales offices and eleven manufacturing facilities around the globe. In Europe, the company does business under the name Peli Products, S.LU. and the division which manufactures temperature controlled packaging for the healthcare industry, does business worldwide under the brand Peli BioThermal. For more information, visit www.pelican.com or www.behrmancap.com.
All trademarks and logos displayed herein are registered and unregistered trademarks of Pelican Products, Inc.