WARNING: HANDLE AND STORE BATTERIES PROPERLY TO AVOID INJURY OR DAMAGE
BATTERIES CAN BE DANGEROUS! Most battery issues arise from improper handling of batteries, and particularly from the use of damaged or counterfeit batteries. Please review the information below to avoid serious injury and/or damage to your property.
1. For those lights with hazardous location safety approvals for explosive environments please be advised that the safety approval is only valid for the specified battery type manufacturer and, where applicable, brand names that are displayed on the flashlight and/or instructions sheets that are supplied with the light. The use of other battery technologies may reduce the performance of the flashlight and will invalidate the safety approval.
2. Always read the battery manufacturers recommendations for the appropriate use of the battery technology/brand prior to using the flashlight.
3. When replacing the batteries:
a. Replace all the batteries at the same time.
b. Do not mix battery brands and old and new batteries.
c. Always insert batteries correctly with regard to polarity (+ and -) marked on the battery and equipment.
4. Do not change batteries in a hazardous location.
5. Remove batteries from equipment if it is not to be used for an extended period of time.
Lithium batteries can explode, leak or cause burns if not handled properly. Please observe the following as a guide:
1. Use only Panasonic™, Energizer™, Duracell™, or Sanyo™ batteries.
2. Do not mix new with old or with other battery types/brands.
3. Replace all batteries at the same time.
4. Do not open batteries.
5. Do not dispose of in fire.
6. Do not heat above 75ºC.
7. Do not expose batteries to water.
8. Do not recharge.
9. Insert batteries correctly with regard to polarity (+ and -) marked on the battery and equipment.
1. Hazardous location safety approvals for explosive environments are only valid for the Pelican battery pack that is supplied with the light.
2. For replacement battery packs only use the approved Pelican battery pack for the model of the light that you are using. The use of other battery packs will invalidate the safety approval.
3. Lights should only be charged in a non-hazardous location.
4. Lights should only be charged using the Pelican charger base that is supplied with the light.
5. Lights should be charged and operated between the temperatures shown in the table below.
||–20°C to 50°C
–4° F to 122°F
|– 20°C to 50°C
– 4 °F to 122°F
||0°C to 45°C
32°F to 113°F
|–20°C to 65°C
–4° F to 149°F
||0°C to 45°C
32°F to 113°F
|–20°C to 60°C
–4°F to 140°F
6. Do not charge with alkaline batteries installed in the light. Attempting this can cause internal gas or heat generation resulting in venting, explosion or possibly fire.
7. Deep discharge of the rechargeable battery may cause batteries to vent potentially dangerous gasses and electrolytes.
Always dispose of all batteries properly at an approved battery recycling center.
* All trademarks and logos displayed herein are registered and unregistered trademarks of Pelican Products, Inc. and others.
* Energizer is a registered trademark of Eveready Battery Company, Inc.
* Duracell is a registered trademark of the Gillette Company.
* Panasonic is a registered trademark of Matsushita Electric Industrial Co.
* Sanyo is a registered trademark of Sanyo Electric Company, Ltd.