Pelican Products, Inc. Launches Pelican ProGear™ Consumer Brand
By PelicanTeam on July 2, 2012
***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE***
Contact:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Pelican ProGear™ Marks Pelican's First Dedicated Consumer Products Division, Complete with New B2C Website
TORRANCE, CA Â â€”July 2, 2012 â€“ Pelican Products, Inc., the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and high-performance protective case solutions, today announces its first consumer-focused product line - Pelican ProGear™.Â Already a world-renowned brand in the military, industrial safety and tactical industries, the line is comprised of a wide range of new cases and lighting built especially for the digital protection and extreme performance needs of adventurous people. Â Â
Pelican ProGear is being presented to consumers via a national television, online and print media campaign. In addition to the national campaign, a comprehensive website has been developed (www.pelicanprogear.com) where customers can go to learn more about, and purchase, all products in the Pelican ProGear line. The new user-friendly site incorporates a host of features that include a simple and intuitive browsing experience, access to comprehensive product specs and pricing, as well as the ability to purchase product via a convenient shopping cart/checkout process.
“Pelican Products is a trusted brand in the most demanding markets â€“ first responders, military, aerospace and industrial â€“ because our products excel in the harshest conditions known to man,” said Lyndon Faulkner, President and CEO of Pelican. “We’ve used the same tough Pelican DNA found in our commercial products to create a wide range of extremely tough products for consumers to use as protection for tablets, laptops, smart phones and cameras â€“ for these products it’s all about digital survival. But, we didn’t stop there; consumers will now have access to our world renowned lighting and the tough-as-nails performance of our all-new Pelican ProGear Elite Coolers, which feature an industry-first, lifetime guarantee.”
The initial Pelican ProGear product lines â€“ the Pelican ProGear Urban Backpacks, select cases in the Micro Case Series™ and Hardback™ Series, the Pelican ProGear LED Work Light, and select Pelican ProGear lighting â€“ are now available for purchase. Throughout 2012 and 2013, Pelican plans to roll out additional Pelican ProGear products.
- Pelican ProGear Urban Backpacks: Leading the Pelican ProGear collection is the Urban Backpack line. The backpacks seamlessly incorporate Pelican cases or rigid compartments to fit and protect personal electronics and belongings. The integrated Pelican case â€“ designed to safeguard laptops, MacBook® computers, netbooks, e-readers, tablets, keyboard and accessories â€“ features the same professional-grade durability and protective qualities as Pelican’s legacy case products. Urban Backpacks are designed to be comfortably lightweight and made of ballistic nylon for long-lasting durability. Additional features in the line include over-molded handle, padded lumbar storage area, ventilated back panel and cool color contrasted highlights. The U100 Elite Laptop Backpack, U140 Elite Tablet Backpack, U105 Laptop Backpack and U145 Tablet Backpack are available at an MSRP of $299.95, $259.95, $139.95 and $109.95, respectively.
- Pelican ProGear Digital Protection (Micro Case Series™ and Hardback™ Series) â€“ The watertight, crushproof and impact resistant i1010 and i1015 Micro Cases offer ultimate protection for small electronics and other vital gear. Â The Hardback Series offers travel protection for portable electronics such as e-Readers and tablets from 7” and 10” tablets to 14” and 15” laptops. Also, coming soon is the P1075 Weapon and Accessory Case. They’re crush resistant, watertight and incorporate an automatic pressure equalization valve that prevents vacuum lock to make them easier to open at any altitude. In addition, all cases in the series offer anti-scratch foam inserts to add another layer of protection for delicate electronics. The cases also feature stainless steel hardware and easy-snap latches. The i1010 and i1015 are available at an MSRP of $38.95 and $39.95, respectively.Â The HardBack Cases range from an MSRP of $42.95 to $124.95.
- Pelican ProGear LED Work Light / 9420 RALS: A new remote area lighting system, the 9420 RALS, is a portable LED work light that will deploy up to 62 inches in height. It features a removable, rechargeable lithium battery to give users round-the-clock light when and where it’s needed most. Additional features include twin LED swiveling head, high and low power, water-resistant switch and a carrying strap for easy transport. Perfect for rugged remote applications from camping to construction work sites, the Pelican ProGear 9420 RALS is now available at PelicanProGear.com for an MSRP of $299.95. The 9420XL Kit with additional accessories included is also available for MSRP $399.95.
- Pelican ProGear Sport Wallet (Coming soon): Built to withstand extreme temperatures and conditions, the Sport Wallet is crushproof and water-resistant and will hold keys, identification cards, credit cards, cash and more. It features an easy-open latch and dual mesh pocket organization. The Sport Wallet, catalog #0955, is available for an MSRP of $29.95.
- Pelican ProGear Lighting: Pelican’s 1910, 1920, 2360, 2370, 2710 and 2720 lighting are small in weight, yet big on performance. They offer the brightness, efficiency and durability required for outdoor activities after sundown.Â MSRP ranges from $23.95 to $59.95.
- Pelican ProGear Elite Coolers (Available in August): Utilizing world-class manufacturing technologies along with the highest-quality standards and construction materials, each Pelican ProGear Elite Cooler is built to last a lifetime with the same tested durability of all Pelican products. These coolers are designed to perform to professional outfitter and offshore fishermen standards with extreme ice retention and easy handling features like press-and-pull latches and dual handle system. These rotationally molded coolers offer extra thick corners to withstand multiple drops and have high-density polyurethane insulation and freezer quality gaskets. The first Elite Coolers will be available in three sizes, holding 35, 45 or 65 U.S. liquid quarts, and will be priced at an MSRP of $249.95, $299.95 and $359.95, respectively. Additional sizes will follow in the future.
Visibility of the Pelican ProGear brand will be driven through endorsements from top athletes, explorers and adventurers (Pelican Pros) who use the products and exemplify Pelican’s core values. All Pelican Pro profiles, videos and gear preferences will be featured on www.pelicanprogear.com as well. Heading up the first Pelican Pros are:
- Jeb Corliss - one of the world’s foremost BASE-jumpers and wingsuit pilots
- Craig Sawyer â€“ retired Navy SEAL, tactical trainer and advisor
- Mark Davis â€“ renowned salt water fisherman and host of Big Water Adventures on the Outdoor Channel
For more information visit www.PelicanProGear.com
About Pelican Products, Inc.
Pelican Products, Inc. is the global leader in design and manufacture of both high-performance case solutions and advanced portable lighting systems.Â Their products are used by professionals in the most demanding markets including firefighters, police, defense / military, aerospace, entertainment, industrial and consumer.Â Pelican™ products are designed and built to last a lifetime. The company operates in 12 countries, with 26 offices and five manufacturing facilities across the globe. For more information, visit www.Pelican.com or Â www.behrmancap.com.Â
All trademarks and logos displayed herein are registered and unregistered trademarks of Pelican Products, Inc. and others.