8 Winter Adventures for the Seasoned Traveler
Winter is here, and for most people this means spending time huddled indoors. But fear not seasoned traveler, for you winter means a plethora of exciting new frozen tundra experiences and exotic adventures waiting to happen. Don’t let the explorations stop because the temperature gets colder. Get out there and see the world with these great 8 winter adventures.
Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons contributor, Psy Guy
- Winter Wonderland. For all you snow bums out there, winter is the perfect time to hit the slopes and enjoy what winter has to offer. Vail, Colorado is a great place to hit the slopes—whether boarding or skiing. Not only is the shopping and night life more than sub-par, but this quaint ski village provides different resorts and activities close by.
- Out of this world. Maybe a big city or watered down cruise line is not quite your idea of the perfect wintertime haunt. How about something out of this world? For all you nature enthusiasts, sleeping in an igloo village under the stars located above the Arctic Circle in Kakslauttanen might be just the thing. Finland is a great destination for the brave at heart.
- Location Exotica. Maybe a warmer climate is more your preference. We have just the solution. Fiji, located just over 1,000 miles from New Zealand, is a great spot to warm up. Adventures await as you explore a soft coral reef while scuba diving in the South Pacific Ocean.
- Hawaiian Aloha. Take your exotic locale to somewhere that might be a little closer to home. Hawaii is not all beaches and tans. You can enjoy a variety of activities like surfing, hiking, and volcano exploring. Who knows, you might even enjoy your first Hawaiian luau.
- The obscure destination. Want your winter trip to take you somewhere no one has gone before? How does exploring a hotel made completely out of salt sound? Bolivia’s sand flats and Palacio de Sal can be just the right seasoning for your adventure.
- Hiker heaven. Hiking is a year-long sport, and in the wintertime the Santa Catalina Mountains in Arizona are at the top of the list. These hikes aren’t just about hopping from cactus to cactus; you get to enjoy a beautiful and diverse ecosystem as you engage in your favorite pastime.
- Wyoming-inspired. Maybe it’s not about the location, but about the activities available. Wyoming has a plethora of exciting outdoor activities. Try dogsledding in the Teton forest or ice climbing up frozen waterfalls.
- Volcano voyage. Seasoned travelers want something different, and exploring Europe’s highest, largest, and most active volcano is—well—different. Sicily’s Mt. Etna offers skiing, snowshoeing, and horseback riding atop this breathtaking volcano.
No matter where your wanderlust takes you, make sure you always have preparedness products ready. Keep your Pelican ProGear phone cases on hand for checking in with family. Our HardBack cases are great for tablet and laptop protection, while our wide range of compact, powerful flashlights are always smart to have on-hand as well.
Tell us, what are your favorite winter adventures?