10 Home Improvement Projects Do-able in a Weekend
It doesn’t have to be National Preparedness Month for you to keep your home prepared for disaster. In some cases, disaster could simply be a surprise visit from the in-laws. Keep your home up-to-date and in tip-top shape with these 10 home improvement projects that you can do in a weekend.
Image via electricitysimplified.com
- Enhance your entry: First impressions matter. Update your door by installing an electronic deadbolt or giving it a fresh coat of paint. You can even try experimenting with an exciting new color.
- Build a path: Building a walkway to your front door is a simple way to improve your home’s outdoor appeal. Lay parallel garden hoses to test placement options and try curving the path to add visual interest.
- Install a new backsplash: You don’t have to go for an expensive tile backsplash. Tin ceiling tiles, wooden beadboard, wallpaper, stainless steel, chalkboard, or even magnetic paint are all great options.
- Build a headboard: Find something you’re passionate about and turn it into a headboard. Use old skis, make a collage from photos, or used salvaged materials like fencing, old doors, or window shutters.
- Refresh your deck: Refresh your deck in a weekend. Remove all furniture and other items, pressure wash the surface, scrub away mold and mildew, and stain the deck using a paint roller.
- Illuminating lighting features: New kitchen lighting is a sure way to brighten up any meal. Try an illuminating project: make a fabric-covered drum shade, install a dimmer switch, use spray paint on old chandeliers, or paint ceiling fan blades.
- Water feature effect: Mask street sounds and noisy neighbors by installing a water feature. Not only can you dress up your deck and add a garden focal point, but you can also relax to the restful sound of trickling water.
- Vinyl siding revitalization: A simple, twice-a-year rinse with a garden hose should keep vinyl siding looking new. If your siding has seen a little more wear and tear, rub it down with a mixture of 3 parts water to 1 part bleach.
- Small space creativity: Jazz up a half bath with a bold paint color, snazzy wallpaper, or even some faux finishes. A small room is a great place to experiment.
- Install window shutters: Improve the appeal of your home by measuring your windows, buying shutters, and installing your new additions according to instructions.
Be prepared before you begin by having your Pelican ProGear 9420 LED Work Light handy. With its 2 bright LEDs and lightweight design, getting into dim nooks and crannies for your next project is a breeze. Now you can work on any of these home improvement projects no matter how dark the space or what time of day it is. is.
We dare you to take on the weekend one challenge at a time. What are some other simple home improvement projects?