7 Must-Have Football Tailgating Supplies
Football season, for many, means tailgating. From peewee games to the NFL, pro tailgaters have begun brushing the dust off their tailgating gear and preparing for another successful season on the concrete gridiron.
For rookie tailgaters—or vets looking to up their game—we’ve compiled our own list of must-have supplies so you never go hungry, cold, or otherwise in-need while in pursuit of a tailgating victory.
- Grill: Food is a tailgating essential, and burgers and brats are the usual fare. Bring along a portable grill to make sure no tailgater goes hungry.
- Cooler: You’ll need a place to keep those burgers, brats, and beverages chilled throughout the day. For serious tailgaters, the Pelican ProGear Elite Cooler is the ultimate tailgating cooler.
- Tent: Rain or shine, the tailgate must go on. A tent sporting your team’s colors is great for protecting tailgaters—and the grub—from rain and sun, providing great shade for hot, early-season game days.
- Entertainment: Bring along a football, corn hole set, or other yard game to keep everyone entertained before and after the victory.
- Tunes: Music is essential to a successful tailgate. Of course, you’ll want to come equipped with your team’s fight song and other upbeat tunes to keep everyone pumped up throughout the day.
- Lighting: Lighting is essential for night games. The Pelican ProGear 9420 LED Work Light is the perfect collapsible, portable light stand for nighttime tailgates.
- Be prepared. Lastly, consider the weather when selecting a game day ensemble. Be prepared for rain with ponchos, cold with sweatshirts and jackets, and the heat with ample sunscreen and hats.
What are some other must-have tailgating supplies in your experiences? Please share in the comments below!