Home » Consumer, Miscellaneous, What's new with Pelican
Photography Tips: Six Must-Have Mobile Apps for Photographers
Photography? Yes, there’s an app for that—many, in fact. No, we’re not talking about camera phone photography, the awesome panorama functionality that came with a recent iPhone update, Hipstamic, Snapchat, Vine, or Instagram (although you should follow us @PelicanProducts).
We’ve gathered here a list of mobile apps to help serious recreational and professional photographers get the job done.
1. GoPro App for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch: This is an absolute must-have app for any GoPro enthusiast. Connect your mobile device with your GoPro and have full control of all camera settings remotely. How cool is that?
2. Stuck on Earth: Described as “the ultimate app for explorers, photographers, and daydreamers,” this travel app claims to be based on an algorithm that will find the best travel photo opportunities based a combination of crowdsourcing and curation. It also features a top 50 list of travel destinations worthy of being photographed—like they said, great for explorers, photographers, and daydreamers alike.
3. Pocket Light Meter: This mobile app functions exactly like a more expensive professional light meter without the hassle of hauling around an additional piece of equipment. You can log frames along with the recommended settings for shutter speed, aperture stop, and ISO. Incredibly useful for manual film photographers!
4. Easy Release: Professional photographers must attain legal releases from models and property owners featured in their photography. Instead of hassling with paper legal documents, this award-winning app organizes and records the releases in customizable documents. Once the release is signed and logged, the app sends a .pdf and .jpeg right to your email!
5. MileBug: By definition, photography is the livelihood of professional photographers. It’s a job and a business, and therefore, work-related expenses, including mileage, are eligible for a major IRS tax deduction—56.5 cents per mile to be exact. MileBug helps you keep track of mileage and other work-related expenses for reporting to the IRS and helps keep you organized for client invoicing purposes.
6. Preveal: This mobile app lets photographers show potential clients what a given art piece will look like in a given space, down to the sizing. Great for the sales side of professional photography!
Like any job, professional photography can get hectic. Luckily, Pelican produces hardcore protective camera cases, as well as crushproof, dustproof, and waterproof smartphone cases to avoid any on-location photography disasters.