SALES MANAGER- LUGGAGE
Full Time - Experienced
Sales – Consumer Products - Luggage
We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment; it's a great place to work. We're looking for team members who take pride in creating and manufacturing products that are preferred by professionals (including fire fighters, law enforcement and military personnel), who work in extreme environments across the globe.
With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a supportive, family-oriented environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs. Employees are our greatest resource and as such, their talents are valued and their voice is heard. Pelican Products, Inc. is a unique company that combines the stability and professionalism of a mature firm with the agility and spirit of a small, fast-growth company.
Would you like to join the Pelican Products team? We currently have an opening for a Sales Manager – Luggage.
Oversee the establishment of strategic sales plans, promotional campaigns, distribution channels and expense budgets in order to attain adequate profit margins and achieve sales growth goals for Pelican's luggage lines (backpacks and travel cases). Provides product specialist support and planning of new segment strategies, identifies new projects, introduces, promotes and implements sales strategies of Pelican Products that results in incremental sales by identifying new markets for the sale of Pelican Luggage products (backpack and travel cases). Trains, develops, and mentors inside and/or outside sales representatives or distributors on all assigned product line.
• Develops and manages an annual sales business growth plan consistent with the goals of the product line.
• Leads the effort in identifying key channel relationships. Manages and maintains these relationships / channels from concept through implementation and product delivery.
• Develops and implements sales and marketing promotions and programs within channels to drive volume growth.
• Establishes target end user account lists per each account within the assigned market.
• Maintains regular direct communication with accounts via timely visits to their locations; establishes objectives for accounts and reviews actual achievements per objectives.
• Defends against competitive initiatives. Implements "meeting competition" policy and procedures as directed by VPS.
• Compiles data on market pricing for competitive products and submits such data with recommendations for further action.
• Ensures the development and training of sales team in collaboration with the VPS.
• Identifies and directs priorities that assist in the development of programs, tools, and support requirements necessary to advance the selling effectiveness of the Sales organization.
• Drives product launches and releases for luggage related products through sales channels and accountable for achievement of sales volume and margin goals assigned to the product.
• Evaluates existing market coverage and opportunity and develops plans for each channels to maximize product sales.
• Maintains an up to date accounting of your sales pipeline
• Actively supports Pelican's Quality Objectives and contributes to Quality Management System activities as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of US Sales.
• In-depth knowledge of sales management techniques including merchandising, selling strategies, inventory management, and advertising supporting sales into consumer markets. In-depth knowledge of Luggage based products and Company sales strategies and approaches.
• Experience in consumer sales interfacing with corporate buyers for major retail chain stores in luggage, sporting goods or other retail establishments.
• A minimum of 2 weeks travel per month is required.
• Must have highly developed written, persuasion, and verbal skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or relevant on-the-job experience.
• Ability to organize, plan, staff and direct the sales & marketing functions within the assigned market segments and ability to translate Company objectives into reality.
• Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing, and presentation software.
• Ability to produce accurate and thorough reports on sales activity, transactions, and market research.
• Proficiency in another language or languages helpful.
• Must have the ability to complete assignments within time frame specified by the Director of Sales.
• Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
• Must be flexible with work schedules and be available to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
• Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Please email resume & salary history to: Join_Us@pelican.com. Please refer to position of interest when applying. No calls please. EOE, M/F/D/V.