2nd SHIFT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
||South Deerfield, MA
2nd Shift Roto Molding
Full Time - Experienced
We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment; it's a great place to work. We're looking for team members who take pride in creating and manufacturing products that are preferred by professionals (including fire fighters, law enforcement and military personnel), who work in extreme environments across the globe.
With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a supportive, family-oriented environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs. Employees are our greatest resource and as such, their talents are valued and their voice is heard. Pelican Products, Inc. is a unique company that combines the stability and professionalism of a mature firm with the agility and spirit of a small, fast-growth company.
We are excited to announce an opening for a Production Supervisor in our 2nd Shift Roto Molding Department.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading and directing Team Leaders and associates in one or more departments and
ensures that production demands are consistently met. This position is responsible for a broad range of duties including, but not limited
to: safety initiatives, departmental development, and continuous improvement efforts in accordance with quality management principles
and overall objectives of the organization. The role will promote a collaborative environment to ensure effective communication and
interaction across shifts and departments to achieve business results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees Team Leaders and staff to ensure daily production demands are consistently met and removes capacity constraints
through the coordination and delivery of tools, fixtures, and raw materials.
2. Partners with Production Manager to develop operational budgets; monitors to meet sales forecasts, profit and loss margins.
3. Participates or leads the creation or improvement of safety standards as a core value of the business.
4. Participates or leads accident/near miss investigations defining the root cause and establishing corrective/ preventive action plans including implementation.
5. Ensures standard work adherence and promotes a customer centric environment where quality is a core value.
6. Maintain daily reports to measure key process indicators (KPI). Review data to develop and implement corrective action plans
or recovery plans as needed.
7. Participates in recruitment initiatives in accordance to procedures and applicable state/federal requirements.
8. Manages employee performance to establish expectations, monitor, and measure contributions and provide employee
feedback, coaching, and instruction as required.
9. Understands and applies company policies and procedures to respond to employee inquires.
10. Identifies, supports, and promotes the discovery of opportunities for continuous improvement in productivity, efficiency, quality,
and overall employee welfare.
11. Actively supports Pelican's Quality Objectives and contributes to the Quality Management System.
12. Actively supports and adheres to Pelican's Safety Guidelines and actively participates and contributes to the
Safety Management System as assigned.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by Production Manager.
1. 2 year business or technical degree preferred. Minimum of 3 years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
2. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel, and Power Point; familiarity with SAP preferred.
3. Experience with TPS, ISO9001:2008, and lean manufacturing is preferred.
4. Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely, creative manner.
5.Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees, vendors and customers at all levels.
6. Must be driven to maintain and improve upon quality and production standards.
7. Possess an awareness and understanding of performance against budget.
8. Customer focus and awareness of customer needs.
9. Must maintain a "Hands-on" style, willing and capable of taking a lead role in technical problem solving efforts.
10. Excellent teamwork and teambuilding skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
11. Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
12. Must be flexible with work schedules and be available to work on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
13. Position may require some minimal travel.
Please email resume & salary history to: Hardigg.jobs@Pelican.com. Please refer to job reference code when applying. No calls please.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. We are committed to a diverse work force and proudly support Affirmative Action. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. As we are a government contractor applicants are strongly encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and there is a post offer physical exam and drug screening required.