MAINTENANCE MECHANIC A - 2ND SHIFT
||So. Deerfield, MA
Full Time - Experienced
We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment; it's a great place to work. We're looking for team members who take pride in creating and manufacturing products that are preferred by professionals (including fire fighters, law enforcement and military personnel), who work in extreme environments across the globe.
With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a supportive, family-oriented environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs. Employees are our greatest resource and as such, their talents are valued and their voice is heard. Pelican Products, Inc. is a unique company that combines the stability and professionalism of a mature firm with the agility and spirit of a small, fast-growth company.
We are excited to announce an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic A in our Maintenance Department.
The Maintenance Mechanic A functions under limited supervision and performs a wide range of complex repairs and installations. Works from mechanical and/or schematic drawings, operation manuals, and written/ oral instructions to perform day to day preventative maintenance tasks on equipment and facilities; uses general maintenance tools, and manufacturer's specifications to maintain and improve production operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Troubleshoots equipment problems, performs and schedules preventative maintenance and makes repairs.
• Plans and performs periodic inspections to identify worn equipment or machinery.
• Performs various maintenance trade tasks.
• Set-up/ utilize a large number of hand, power, and machine tools when required.
• Fabricates, repair jigs and fixtures, perform welding tasks, and assist with maintaining inventory of supplies.
• Performs major building repairs and a variety of installations including water and air line.
• Occasionally delegate work to one or more secondary level maintenance mechanics.
• Assists Maintenance Lead with the creation and submittal of purchase requisitions.
• Works extended schedules including 24-hour on call, evenings and weekends as necessary.
• Reports problematic machinery conditions and/ or technical conduct to proper supervision.
• Actively supports Pelican's Quality Objectives and contributes to the Quality Management System.
• Actively supports and adheres to Pelican's Safety Guidelines and actively participates and contributes to the Safety Management System.
• Maintains a clean, orderly and safe work area.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Department Managers.
• 3-5 years experience in a related maintenance field, preferably in a manufacturing environment. High school diploma with a certificate at a trade or technical school preferred.
• Basic knowledge of manufacturing machinery such as blending machines, granulators, and auxiliary equipment.
• Possess basic knowledge in at least 3 of the following areas: carpentry, plumbing, or hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical or electrical systems.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specs.
• Must be able to perform basic measurement techniques; use verniers, tape measure, and other measuring tools.
• Ability to drive forklifts and hold necessary certification if required.
• Possess basic math skills, written/verbal communication skills and ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
• Possess basic to intermediate computer skills including knowledge of MS Windows applications preferred.
• Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels of the organization as well as with outside contractors.
• Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must have the ability to complete assignments within time frame specified by Department Manager or Team Lead.
• Must be flexible with work schedules and be available to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
• Must own basic maintenance tools.
Please email resume & salary history to:Hardigg.jobs@Pelican.com. Please refer to position of interest when applying. No calls please. EOE, M/F/D/V. We are committed to a diverse work force and proudly support Affirmative Action. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. As we are a government contractor applicants are strongly encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and there is a post offer physical exam and drug screening required.