Full Time - Experienced
Case Center - Ontario, CA
We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment; it's a great place to work. We're looking for team members who take pride in creating and manufacturing products that are preferred by professionals (including fire fighters, law enforcement and military personnel), who work in extreme environments across the globe.
With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a supportive, family-oriented environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs. Employees are our greatest resource and as such, their talents are valued and their voice is heard. Pelican Products, Inc. is a unique company that combines the stability and professionalism of a mature firm with the agility and spirit of a small, fast-growth company.
Would you like to join the Pelican Products team? We currently have an opening for a Detail Drafter in our Ontario,
CA Case Center.
Perform routine computer aided and/or manual drafting duties including designing, detailing, listing, making
corrections, and similar procedures as required for manufacturing and development of Company products. Review
engineering changes, mark-ups and sketches of a component or sub-assembly from a designer or engineer and
convert to workable shop drawing(s), providing necessary details such as finish, tolerances, etc. Detail Drafter
will work to Industry and Pelican Products standards to create accurate, manufacturable designs and supporting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans mechanical drawings by reviewing sketches, descriptions, specifications, and supporting documents;
conferring with engineers and product designers.
2. Prepares mechanical sketches and drawings by rendering sectional, auxiliary, and multiviews, sub-assemblies,
dimensions, and developments; producing two- and three-dimensional projections using computer aided design
(CAD) and pictorial techniques.
3. Prepare specification lists, drawings and bills of materials including standard parts for standard product system.
Make revisions to customer specifications or as directed.
4. Adapt or modify existing standard systems for new or more complex applications.
5. Change drawings to meet shop requests or to facilitate manufacture.
6. Documents work by recording data and drawings; updating databases and maintaining computer aided drafting
system file library.
7. Maintain drawing files in accordance with departmental procedures. Make blueprints as required.
8. Actively supports Pelican's commitment to Quality and all quality objectives, with an emphasis on continual
9. Actively supports and adheres to Pelican's Safety Guidelines and actively participates and contributes to the
Safety Management System as assigned.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Case Center Manager.
1. Associates degree or two years equivalent related job experience.
2. Two or more years experience using Solid Edge, Solid Works or similar 3D modeling programs.
3. Two years of experience drafting parts from specifications.
4. Knowledge of drafting standards, practices and techniques, a familiarity of machine shop practices, part
fabrication methods, basic material types, mathematics through descriptive geometry, dimensioning techniques,
and geometric tolerancing.
5. Familiar with ASME-Y14.5M-1994 drawing standards.
6. Ability to read and interpret blueprints; general understanding of mechanical hardware design.
7. Very good computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
8. Must possess very good written, math and verbal communication skills.
9. Experienced in part inspection and use of measuring tools.
10. Must have the ability to complete assignments within time frame specified by the Manager.
11. Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
12. Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
13. Must be flexible with work schedules and be available to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or
without advanced notice.
Please email resume & salary history to: Join_Us@pelican.com. Please refer to position of interest when applying. No calls please. EOE, M/F/D/V.